Sports, fun and adventure grows
Rafting & Canyoning
While rafting and canyoning , you will be able to experience the alpine scenery of the Lungau, romantic rivers and all kinds of fun for young and old - you will ride over wild waves and gentle rapids, propelled by the fast-moving current. www.lungau-aktiv.at
- 1/2 day rafting on the Mur including equipment and rafting guide:
- 1/2 day canyoning including wild-water gear and alpine guide:
Cyclists find an extensive, clearly marked network of bike paths here with us, alongside streams and forests, through the beautiful Lungau countryside.
- Guided 1/2 day bike tour incl. bicycle, groups of 10 or more: € 27,00
- 1/2 day mountain bike rental, up to age 15: € 9,00
- 1 day mountain bike rental up to age 15: € 14,00
Guided torchlight hike incl. torches (ca. 1 hour) €
Forest Education Programs
Like to spend time in the outdoors? Interested in our local nature? Then our forest education programs are probably perfect for you!
- Forest Ediucation Program (3-hour program with a certified forest educator) per person: € 8,50
Zumba at our youth hotel
Fitness and dance combined with cool rhythms, Latin American music is a great workout for body, mind and soul! Zumba promotes endurance, burns calories and is great fun. Look forward to Zumba lessons at our Mauser-Mühltaler hotel for youth in Mauterndorf. A variety-filled exercise program for all ages.
In a stress-free, yet focused atmosphere, drumming workshops take you on a journey into the world of rhythms. These journey can be relaxing, stimulating, fun or even strenuous.
- Drum workshop with trained teachers, 3-hour program - rhythmic games, boom whackers, body percussion, vocal percussion, drums, ... € 12,00
With our tried-and-trusted team at Mauterndorf ski school, things really heat up with their summer outdoor program! www.smarty.at
- Smarty Sports' 3-hour outdoor program with certified sports instructors, street sport, dance academy, climbing, go-cart racing ... € 13,50
Different leisure activities
- Guided torchlight hike incl. torches, ca. 1 hour: € 4,00
- Visit to a farm incl. country snacks: € 5,50
- Tales and legends told around the campfire or in a romantic pub: € 4,00
- Beach volleyball with a coach, 2 hours in a group: € 18,00
- Puzzle rally through Mauterndorf incl. 3 prizes, designed to promote self confidence: € 4,00
- Hike to our own hill farm, includes Mountain Burger meal and transfer: € 10,00
- Mauterndorf adventure pool with 43 m giant slide and mini-golf course: € 3,00
...an absolutely safe, but action-packed, high-adrenaline program for children (ages 5 and up), youths and adults!
- "Flying Fox" (on a zip line, secured into a harness, across Nessieteich pond) incl. equipment and transport: € 22,00
Adventure in Mauterndorf
- An adventuresome threesome incl. castle, gondola ride and a vintage train from Mauterndorf. Read more at the touristinformation of Mauterndorf - ages 15 and under / 16 and up: € 19,00
- Ride on the gondola lift up the Grosseck, to a glorious area of alpine pastures, followed by a hike back down to the valley - www.bergbahnen-lungau.at € 6,00
Free admission to over 190 sights and attractions throughout SalzburgerLand. Available as a 6- or 12-day option, the SalzburgerLand Card fits the length of your vacation perfectly!
- Your summer joker, the SalzburgerLand Card: € 31,00 / € 38,00
Indoor swimming pool "Badeinsel" at Tamsweg
The "Badeinsel" Tamsweg guarantee bathing in summer and winter. Massage zones, waterfall and jet, a children's pool (31 ° C) for the youngest, a heated outdoor pool (in winter to 31 ° C)and a sports pool are ready for you. Year round, the 80-meter Black Hole water slide is open.
Bundschuh Smelter Museum
The Bundschuh smelter was first ignited in 1867, and by 1880 Bundschuh was one of the biggest mining areas in Salzburg. Mining activities finally shut down in 1903.
Wildbachhütte Interactive Hiking Path in Lessach
Hikes for kids become true fun when you have a variety of fun interactive stations along the way. The final stop on this hike is the Wildbachhütte, where the kids will be able to run and play on the playground.
Katschberg Adventure Park
Katschberg Adventure Park began in 2009 with 44 attractions, a number which has since grown to 150! From zip lines to giant swings and climbing, and so much more!
- School classes incl. transfer: € 22,00
Execution Path on the Passeggen
The Passeggen Execution Path focuses on the history of witch hunts in the Lungau Region. The goal of this path isn’t to condemn the people of that society, but rather to cast light on the complex history of those times. The places where accused witches were executed and burned at the stake are now memorial sites. These historical locations have been left essentially unchanged over the centuries, something quite unique in Europe. The walk you take between information stations allows you to contemplate the facts you have just read about.
"Educational Bee Trail" at Göriach
The trail is meant to introduce non-beekeepers interested in a theme that they usually know only from textbooks or children's books in comic-style. The trail gives a theoretical insight into the mysterious life and in the national community of honey bees.
At medieval Mauterndorf Castle in the Lungau, history is presented in a very special way. In keeping with other international models, you are about to take a journey back through time.
- € 10,00
Schloss Moosham, a lucid witness to medieval society here in Salzburg province, was saved from total dereliction through the selfless dedication of art-lover Count Wilczek. Bus one way included
- € 8,50
Visitors are greeted by a wealth of opportunities and fun activities. Castle tours including the weapons collection, a stylish castle tavern, a gift shop and the historic state falconer with daily bird-of-prey shows.
A guided tour takes you through the "Altenbergrevier" and gives you a glimpse of how tough the work of a miner was back then. Lasts ca. 1 1/2 hours
- € 10,00
World of Ice Giants
The giant ice caves are a labyrinth extending some 40 kilometers into the mountain. Includes cave tour and ride on the cable car.
Salt Mine - Hallein, Bad Dürrnberg
In earlier times, salt was nicknamed "white gold": and indeed, the deposits created millions of years ago in the Dürrnberg outside Hallein were a true treasure chamber for this region.